Sponsored Programs and Applied Research's Mission
SPAR's vision is to become a beacon for applied social science research at Sojourner-Douglass College that fosters a research culture, which encourages and acknowledges staff, students, and faculty participation in efforts that enhance the well being of the community in a changing global society.
The mission of the Office of Sponsored Programs and Applied Research (SPAR) is to provide advice and support to the College's leadership, staff, students, and faculty in the acquisition and administration of externally funded projects and other scholarly activities in furtherance of the instruction, research, and mission of the College.
SPARís Core Values are:
- Service to our customers and partners
- Respect and trust of others
- Open exchange of information and ideas
- High standards for integrity, teamwork, and self-improvement
- A diverse, innovative, and empowered approach to research